Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Meet the Nepal Team! Pt. 4: Ian


                                                                               Ian Graham
Hi, I'm Ian! I'm from Connecticut, and I did my undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering at Johns Hopkins. In the past, I worked at Covidien in the new product development division of surgical stapling, at the JHU Applied Physics Laboratory studying injury biomechanics, and at Jhpiego aiding in the progress of a cervical cancer prevention device. I am interested in global health, biomechanics and orthopaedics, and device design and usability, especially after my experience adapting cryotherapy technology for LMICs. My other past projects include a hip fracture prevention device, a lower limb prosthesis for the developing world, and development of a novel soft tissue scaffold for regeneration of adipose tissuel. In my free time, I enjoy reading, playing and watching lacrosse, and building/carpentry. I'm looking forward to working on exploring the world of minimally invasive surgery in Nepal with my ground partner, Patience, and I'm excited for the trip to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment